NO YOU DO NOT HAVE HAD TO GO TO PART 1 TO ATTEND
VARIED DATES DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU CHOSE TO ATTEND - DATE WILL SHOW WHEN REGISTERING
A forum of intervention techniques and strategies for challenging situations involving individuals with Autism and Mental Health Issues
This training will serve as a follow up to the Overwhelming Moments training that Cyndy McKinley provided in Spring 2018. Overwhelming Moments (Part II) will provide more in-depth training in intervention techniques for specific challenging situations while supporting individuals with Autism and Mental Health issues. Such as:
· Motivation and engagement. What can staff/providers say or do to alleviate fears and foster participation?
· Perseveration that gets in the way of an individual participating in a group environment.
· Dysregulation in public situations – at the restaurant, store, etc.
· Individuals who leave the site, especially when out in the community at a group event.
· Inappropriate sexual behavior… as well as appropriate dating tactics – not staring at someone or continuing to ask for dates after receiving a “no” response.
· Working with families.